Wednesday, January 9, 2008

We're Looking For Photos of Animation Cels From Batman: The Animated Series


Our friend Mike wrote us & said, "Since it seems that many of us on The Bat-Blog Message Board are big fans of The Animated Series, I thought I would send in a picture of one of my favorite BTAS Collectibles. I purchased this piece a few years back just before The Warner Bros. Store closed in my area for good. I was sad the day the store closed, so I had to own a piece from their animation gallery to mark the occasion. I purchased this production cel of one of my favorite characters (besides Batman) - and my favorite design of the character - Catwoman! This cel is from the Episode "The Cat & The Claw: Part 2." If you own volume 1 of TBAS DVD, you will find the episode there. To me this version of Catwoman was, hands down, the best! The photo really doesn't do the cel justice as there is a bit of light reflection in the glass, but it's a beautiful cel with the painted background, and is set off with a nice triple matte, and black frame. Anyway, I wanted to share this with other "Bat-Bloggers," and put out the call for everyone to show us your cels, if you have collected any!" Cool! Thanks for the great story & cool photos Mike. I really love that show & seeing the animation cels are always a treat. The art direction on that show was the best & the cels are always beautiful pieces of art. We used to have a Warner Brother Store here where I live ( Oklahoma City ) & it closed down too, a very sad day. Anyway, I want to invite all other "Bat-Bloggers" who have a photo to share of their Batman Animation Cel to send it in.