Monday, January 21, 2008

Random Photos of Great Vintage Batman Memorabilia!




I'm really tired this morning so I thought I would just do an easy post, nothing complicated, but still fun. Here's some random photos of cool Vintage Batman Memorabilia! The 1st photo is my favorite because I had this Melamine Plate, Bowl, & Cup Set as a small child & I still have the original plate. It hangs in my kitchen & every time I see it I always feel all warm & fuzzy inside, ha ha! In this photo we get to see the Dinner Set all shrink-wrapped in it's original box, which believe me, is way beyond RARE! I would kill for this! The next photo will be recognized by all 1970's Mego Fans for it's rarity & beauty. This is the COMIC ACTION HEROES Play Set with Exploding bridge & Batmobile. This was made for the smaller action figures & NOT the 8" dolls so the scale is way smaller. I have that Batmobile but it's missing the clear roof canopy piece, still pretty cool. The next item I see on eBay all the time. It isn't vintage but still pretty neat & would look great on a hat or jacket. It's a sew-on patch with graphics of George Barris' 1966 TV Show Batmobile, a true work of Art! The last photo was sent in by a reader named Randy who wrote, "Tommy, I was walking through my local outdoor flea market ( Tulsa, Oklahoma ) recently when all of a sudden my eye caught a glimspe of this rare 1966 Batman Bicycle Tag! I ran over to it, grabbed it, then remembered that I needed to not act all excited about it so the dealer wouldn't raise the price, ha ha ha. I asked how much it was & he said $5.00. I could not get my wallet out fast enough!". Wow, Randy! I love the story but wish I would have found it first, ya bastard! Ha Ha, just kiddin'! ( Randy's a good friend & I can tease him like that ). Thanks for sending me the photo Randy, ya know, to torture me. But, I do appreciate it because my readers will love it, thanks. If any other readers have stories/photos to share then please send them in or join our Message Board & tell/show everybody!