Friday, January 4, 2008

Vintage Photo: BATMAN AND ROBIN HOME-MADE COSTUMES Circa 1972


Another cool Bat-Blog Reader sent in this very awesome vintage family photo yesterday. His name is Brian & he wrote, "I love your blog. You do a great job of covering fun, quirky stuff and all the different eras of Batman. I've been an avid Batman collector for just over 20 years and have been a fan of the character as far back as I can remember. As an adult, I had the opportunity to add a very small thumbprint on the Batman mythos as the illustrator of Batman: Absolution. Absolution was a graphic novel that DC published about 5 years ago or so. At any rate, I've loved seeing the vintage photos of people dressed in Batman costumes. So, I thought I'd send one of my own. Enclosed is a photo of myself as Robin and my buddy Paul as Batman from 1972 in Aberdeen, South Dakota. We look pretty pathetic in our costumes we made ourselves but we sure thought we were "dead ringers" for the Caped Crusaders. :) Keep up the great work on the blog. It's always a nice "pick-me-up" to check each day and see what's new." Ha Ha! Thanks for the kind words Brian & I seriously love this photo! It's kinda funny that you say you guys look pathetic, that's NOT true! Even though they are home-made & not "Hollywood quality" doesn't mean they're not great, they are great!! It looks like a lot of love went into making them & they are pretty accurate too. Looking at you as Robin I gotta crack-up about the "towel around the neck"...we ALL did that as kids, funny! I really love this picture & appreciate you sending it. Thank You. Ha Ha, I know the readers are gonna love it...it's great! By the way, I might have to check out that Batman: Absolution graphic novel you mentioned, sounds cool.