Thursday, January 31, 2008

What Batman Thinks About Gun Control



I remember the 1st time I saw the new BATPOD Motorcycle that's gonna be in The Dark Knight, the next Batman movie. I was kinda mad because it had those giant-size guns on the front. Now, don't get me wrong, I think the new Bat-Bike looks really really great & is very unique. It has an awesome post-modern look that is refreshing to see. But, there was some Hollywood Industrial Designer-Guy who said, "Huge guns are cool!". Well, anyone who knows the Batman character knows he doesn't like guns one single bit. His parents were killed by a hand gun for Christ sake. Through out the history of the Batman comic books there has always been a theme with Batman & his rejection of guns. It's been an issue from the very beginning all the way to modern times. The other day, while surfing the net, I came across a story by this guy who is trying to collect all the "moments" where Batman is confronted with using a gun & how he rejects it. Here's a link to check it out. I think it's sort of in "rough-draft" but it's still pretty interesting to read & has some cool graphics. He's asking people who have pictures, or scans, of Batman with a gun to send them in. ( Ha Ha, take a look at picture up above where Batman is shoving a gun into the mouth of a criminal. It has the trademark logo "Grell", which I think is an homage to the famous Batman artist Mike Grell, kinda funny ).

CLICK HERE To Visit a Story About Batman & His Thought on Gun Use!!