Tuesday, September 2, 2008

CRAFTS: Batman Fan Creates Batman-Themed Dresses

The other day I received a nice letter from a Batman-Fan who likes to create crafts inspired by the character. She's an artist who makes clothing, purses, toys, etc...all with a Dark Knight theme. She sent a lot of pictures & I plan to post them all, but for now I'm just showing the 2 Batman Dresses & Teddy Bear she made. Her words explain them better than I can so here's what she wrote, "Just writing to tell you how much I enjoy your blog. I visit it practically daily and love all the great bat finds you show off. :) Thanks so much for all your time and effort. I thought you might get a kick out of some of the Bat creations I have put together for myself--mainly for con wear and what not. What can I say? Like you, I'm obsessed about the Bat. First off is this costume I made to wear to Dragon Con last year. A group of my friends were all wearing Marie Antoinette inspired gowns, I decided to create mine with a Batman Begins flare. ;) The fabric is great -- has "The Dark Knight" and "Fear the Bat" written allover it, with of course the Bat symbol as the main print. You can't tell in the pic, but I had bats in my hair and of course I carried a mask to protect my identity.


This next dress is just a casual fun one I whipped up to wear around.
The 'purse' with a canteen that I re-worked to carry along.

Using some of the fabric from above, I made a quickie "Bat Bear" for
fun. I made a clay batarang that tops off his bow tie."


Wow! It looks like you have been going crazy with that sewing machine, ha ha! This is some very very cool stuff, really well done! Thanks for sending the photos & sharing your artwork. I've said this before in many other posts but I love it when Bat-Fans get creative. If it's a dress, a video, a custom toy, whatever...it's always neat to see this kinda stuff.
I like the fact that so many fans & artists are inspired by the Batman character to make things like this, that's awesome! The dresses are very cool. I especially like the 2nd one with the Bat-Symbols all over it. That's something you can wear all the time. The 1st one is great too but it's more like a costume. The Teddy Bear is a lot of fun. I bet kids would really love that thing & toy collectors would enjoy displaying it. It would be kinda neat to display on your bed or as a "throw pillow" on your couch. I plan on posting your purses you made in another post ( I didn't want this one to be too long ). So, Readers, please be sure to check back later for a gallery-view of some awesome Batman-Inspired Purses, they're really nice! Thanks again for sending the pics, I appreciate that. If any other readers are creative & do any kind of thing like this then please send us some photo too!