Monday, September 15, 2008

JASPER, Our New Bat-Hound!


Here's the latest addition to our family, his name is "JASPER"!! ( My wife named him, not me, ha ha ). Yesterday I left the house to go pick up some dinner & was in kind of a hurry to get back. There was something on TV that I didn't want to miss. I approached the 1st intersection from my house & got a red light. I stopped & while sitting there, all of a sudden, I saw this little puppy sitting exactly in the middle of this busy 4-lane intersection. Cars were weaving & hitting their brakes doing everything to try to not hit this little guy. He was kind of confused & was running as fast as he could one way, then another. I thought I gotta get out & go get him, he's gonna cause a wreck or worse get run over! I slammed on my emergency brake. Ran over & picked him up. A few people thanked me because he seriously was causing a lot of trouble & could have easily got run over ( which was my worst fear ). He looked like he had not eaten in a few days. I drove down the street to a local market & bought some dog food. I bought a small bag of dry that he could eat while we took care of him but I also bought a small can of wet food that I could feed him right away. When I got back to the car I opened the small can & put it in the floorboard of my truck. I placed him down there & with 1 second he was wolfing it down. By the time I got to the restaurant to pick up our food he had already wolfed down 95% of it, ha ha! I guess he was hungry! Later we went to the store & got some dog shampoo. He smelled pretty bad! He was also covered in fleas. He really loved getting a bath. I bet it made him feel a lot better plus we got most of the fleas off of him. Here's a photo we took later. We don't know at all what kind of dog he is. Does anyone here know what sort of breed he is?