Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Jasper The Bat-Hound Strikes Back!



OK, this is really kinda funny! Here at the Bat-Blog it is Batman 24 hours a day. I mean, Batman Batman all the time! We cover new product releases, vintage toys, etc...we try to share the love of the character & the joys of collecting. I honestly hardly ever post anything personal unless it is really affecting me at the time. It's my blog & I have that freedom. But, I realize people don't wanna hear about my boring life so I keep it to an extreme minimum, ha ha! Well, the other day, totally by accident, I found a stray dog. We have ended up keeping him & it was never planned. His name is Jasper. I did a small post about it because it was sort of an amazing day. I just thought I would share a little bit about my life & then get right back to Batman. The funny thing is that people have gone totally crazy over Jasper...they all love him! We have received a ton of comments, e-mails, instant messages, & even phone calls, it's hilarious! But all the letters have been really nice & we really appreciate that. Thank you. Some people have asked, "How is he doing? Did you take him to a vet?" Ya see, I found him at a busy intersection where he had been abandoned ( some people are jerks ). So here's the news. We took him to a vet & they said he would be fine. That he had worms, real bad. They gave him some medicine & a shot. Plus, they kept him overnight for observation. The doctor said he did real well all night & when we went to pick him up he looked 200 times better. He was also way more active & happy. You could really notice an improvement in his personality. So, it looks like he's gonna do great! Also, we found out that he is a Pitbull, maybe a slight mix with another breed, but mostly Pitbull. His coloring is a dark & light brown color, sort of splotchy. We love him & he should be back to 100% full heath in a week or two. Again, sorry about sharing all the dumb info on my life but it's an event that was important to me at the time. Also, again, we appreciate all the kind letters...Thanks.