Saturday, August 9, 2008

ART: Batman Poem "The Joker's On You"


A friend to the Bat-Blog sent this "Batman/Joker Poem" he wrote & added a picture of himself with Joker make-up. His name is Peter & the poetry is pretty good. To be honest I am not much of a poetry-fan but I do appreciate if it is well-written, enjoy.

The Joker's On You


Silent Dark Knight, Holy Dark Knight

All is calm, but filled with fright

Why so quiet? What happened when young?

Has the Catwoman got your bat tongue?



Batman, oh Batman, how you complete me

Sneer and grimace but you'll never beat me

No winners at all, not me and not you

We can't have your cape and both eat it too



Gotham is ours, our playground of fools

Its borish people are all but my tools

The city is ripe for my class of crime

all ready to squeal, at my fine punchline



So brooding, so black, stark from my white

A smile on your dial would be my delight

Two sides of a penny, chaos and control,

No smile lines showing, frowns take their toll



Dance with me Batman, make my dark night

show me that passion, keep up that fight

Hit me until we're far past delirious

I'll smack lips asking, Oh... why so serious?