Friday, May 2, 2008

VINTAGE 60's PHOTO: Two Young Bat-Fans Get To See The Original 1966 Batmobile Car by George Barris!!


Oh man! I opened my e-mail box last night & when I saw this amazing vintage Batman photo I was totally surprised! A loyal Bat-Blog Reader named Michael sent this wonderful family photo & this story, "Love your site, Batman fan from the old ABC television series days, wanted to share a scan of an original Polaroid (one surviving of seven taken) of the George Barris 1966 Batmobile on display at a Ford dealership in Indianapolis. The crowd that turned out was so large the owner of the dealership kept the car back in the service bays as he could not guarantee it's safety ! I'm the little bat-geek in the hat and glasses, the other little boy is my cousin who's dad knew said dealership owner and arranged for us to have the 'private' showing. Enjoy!" Ha Ha, Michael, I bet you totally freaked out when you saw THE car! What a great story & I seriously love the old black & white photo. I really appreciate you sending this because cool stuff like this is extremely RARE & the photo looks great, thanks. I also love the happy facial expressions on you & your cousin's faces. This must have been the greatest day of your childhoods, ha ha! I want to invite ALL Bat-Blog Readers to send us your favorite memories of Batman. There's an "e-mail Button" on the top right-hand side of this blog, click it sometime. Thanks again, Michael!