Monday, September 3, 2007

Retro 1970's JOINTED GIANT BATMAN FIGURE HANG-UPS


I recently saw these 2 pictures at a friend's blog & thought they were so cool I had to "steal them", ha ha! ( Click on the small picture up above for a way larger, more detailed, photo ). The blog I'm talking about is PLAID STALLIONS. At his site he concentrates on old 70's sales catalogs with pictures of vintage toys & wacky clothing. It's a pretty entertaining site with a lot of good memories & funny humor. One of his posts were these JOINTED-GIANT HANG-UPS pictured here. These were simple jointed-figures, printed on stiff poster-board, that were articulated & meant to display on the wall. I seriously love the "Store Display Racks" shown in the top photo. I remember these toys as a kid & as an adult toy collector I have the Superman ( loose, actually hanging in my office ) & the Batman, still in the original package. They also made a Wonder Woman & Spiderman. Something I didn't know, until seeing these photos at Plaid Stallions, is that they made 2 different sizes of each character. They made a smaller figure & a "Life-Size" figure. He has many more photos of this amazing toy line at his blog so be sure to visit http://www.plaidstallions.com today!