Sunday, August 12, 2007

COMIC BOOK COVER : The JOKER # 1, Classic!



Personally, in different stages, I collected comic books hardcore when I was young. 1st it was in my very early teens, back in the 70's. One day, at a drug store, I bought an issue of SPIDERMAN : PETER PARKER off one of those metal comic book spinning racks. I was instantly hooked! Even to this day I seriously love the "sqeeking sound" those old racks make when you turn them around. I collected a few titles for a few years, mainly Batman issues. But then I discovered something more important ( Girls & Cars ). I quit collecting until the 1980's. Then I was in my early 20's at that time & I had a way better job so I could afford to collect more. At that time I collected many different titles. Mainly Batman, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Amazing Spiderman, X-Men, Wolverine, Star Trek: The Next Generation, etc...many many more! But, one of my favorite comics from those early years was The Joker. He got his own comic book but it didn't last long ( I think he only had about 9 issues ). The Joker #1 ( shown up above ) was my all-time favorite Joker cover. It was also the ONLY comic book I ever had destroyed. I had it sitting on the kitchen table & for some reason my cat went nuts! She totally shreaded the entire comic! Someday soon I am gonna get this comic again & frame it as a reminder of the good old days. Yes, I'm becoming an old man, ha ha!