Monday, February 26, 2007

Vintage 1966 Batmobile Coin-OP Ride!! Operated Vending Machine


Here's a beautiful photo sent in to us by Gary, a loyal BAT-BLOG Reader, who owns this Vintage 1966 BATMOBILE CAR Coin-Operated Vending Machine Ride!! He told us, "My grandfather owned a vending company from the 1960's to the late 1990's. One day I was at his work shop & he told me he had a surprise for me. He told me to bring my truck around back & when I got there he pulled a sheet off this baby & told me it was mine!! He knew I used to love this thing as a kid but the fact that it was a gift from him is what makes it so very special. He died a few months later & everytime I look at it I think of him. He was very special, kind, & a warm loving person. It's kinda sad but I have to keep this thing in my garage for now ( it's HUGE ). There's not enough room to display it in our current house but when we move it will have a very special place & will be displayed with both pride & love". Wow Gary! That's a wonderful story & a nice photo, thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear about your granddad but he sounds like he was a really great guy. I wish I could have had the honor of meeting him. You're really lucky to have such a great Batman piece like that, I'm jealous!! If anyone else has a great story or nice picture like this please share it with us. The BAT-BLOG isn't all about Vintage Batman Toys but it's also about a large "family" of Batman Fans. Thanx!