Friday, February 2, 2007

BATMAN TATTOO ART : ROBIN & HUNTRESS from George Perez Comic Book Art




Last month ( Jan 19th ) we featured a cool Batman-Related Tattoo here at the BAT-BLOG that got alot of attention. Actually it was a CATWOMAN Tattoo & people really loved it, it's quite good. Well, a reader named "OJ" saw it & said he had one by the same artist. He wrote, "Thanks to tattoo artist Patrick Cornolo I was introduced to your nifty website here. It has quickly become one of my favorites! I have a whole slew of comic book-flavored tattoos, thanks to Patrick, and as of right now I have only one truly Batman-themed Tattoo. It is of the Robin and Huntress of Earth 2 and it is on my chest close to my right shoulder. The original art is credited to George Perez, of whom I'm a huge fan, and it's from the cover of CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS #11 ( Feb 1986 ). I got a couple of ideas in the hopper, and eventually I will get around to having a genuine Batman tattoo completed. I'll keep you posted!". Up above are pics of his tattoo & the original source from which it was inspired. If you look at both pieces of artwork you can see how good it really is. Thanx OJ for the story & pics. Please keep us informed with the NEW Batman Tattoo when ya get it! Be sure to check the BAT-BLOG ARCHIVES for other Batman-inspired Tattoo Art!